Thursday, February 5, 2015

I May Not Be Beautiful or Dateable, But I'm Determined

In the 21st Century young love seems to be an important thing for a lot of women. Besides getting an education some women go to college to see who they can find to date and maybe marry. I'm not downing that at all but that's so far behind on my personal list of things right now at this stage of my life I just don't think that it's practical for me.

I don't see myself as a physically beautiful girl, but I do know that I am determined to do something with my life and that makes up for my lack of beauty. That's a factor that I hate to say a good percentage of college guys don't like in girls. I'm ambitious and perhaps so much so that I would unknowingly neglect a person that I was dating to pursue my campaign of remembrance and that would lead to them dumping me. While that might seem kind of selfish it probably is true. So I may not be a dateable girl and that's fine.

I feel like I need to be doing something bigger than dating with my life. Why devote myself to one person when there is a whole generation wishing for me and other people to carry on their stories so they aren't lost to history? Why would I do something as trivial as date when I need to be impacting the world?

I'm a feminist and I know that. But I don't want this to sound anti-dating. I'm fine with the concept but I see it as unrealistic for someone like me who has so much of myself dedicated to something so much bigger than most girls my age. Maybe one day a man will respect my ambitions and let me continue my work while seeing him and that'd be pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment